BENEFITS OF CANINE MASSAGE
While nothing can replace an owner’s loving touch, Canine Massage Therapy offers benefits that go far beyond petting. Massage affects everything from your dog’s muscles to their state of mind.
- Puppies: Puppies need touch to thrive and develop. Massage helps puppies get accustomed to physical touch. Massaging a puppy’s gums and mouth can help with teething. General massage can also help to alleviate soreness associated with growing, especially in large breed dogs.
- Geriatric/Senior Dogs: Just like humans, geriatric and senior dogs can develop joint problems, arthritis, and other age-related issues. Massage can help reduce or prevent muscle weakness due to inactivity, ease pain and soreness, encourage movement, and provide other health benefits to promote longevity, slow the degenerative process, and promote quality of life for your aging dog.
- Athletic Dogs: Massage aids athletic ability and can help improve performance. Massage can warm up and loosen muscles before an event and aid in muscle recovery relaxing tight muscles and preventing stiffness and soreness after an event. Massage improves muscle tone, flexibility, and range of motion.
- Dogs Post-Surgery or Injury: Massage (with your vet’s permission) helps alleviate pain, aids in recovery, heals the body quicker, and helps your dog feel more comfortable.
- Anxious/Fearful Dogs: Massage can help reduce overall stress levels in dogs. It can also be used to calm and reassure a dog and is useful with training techniques to help a dog focus and build trust, self-confidence, and sociability.
- Palliative/Hospice Care: Massage provides compassionate and comfort care for your dog.
NOTE: Canine Massage Therapy should not be used as a substitute for veterinary medical care. A veterinarian should be consulted regularly particularly if issues that may require diagnosis or medical attention arise.
- 20-30 minute massage – $ 30
- 40-60 minute massage – $ 45
- $10 transportation charge added if outside of your dog’s regular group time.
Click here to request an appointment.