With two such delicious ingredients, the taste experience is almost guaranteed. Bake these dog biscuits with peanut butter and banana and surprise your darling!
To the recipe
We only use really good ingredients when baking for our four-legged friends. And the celebs in the ingredients list this time around are banana and peanut butter :
Bananas are great as a snack between meals. The sweet fruit is also well received as a filling for food toys or in the licking mat.
When baking, we crush the bananas. You can also remember this recipe for using up the leftovers of overripe bananas.
Many dogs love peanut butter and tolerate it in moderation without any problems. If you are not sure whether your dog can cope with the high-fat content, it is best to ask your veterinarian.
If you want to do it the right way, you can make your own unsweetened peanut butter, for example from pureed peanuts with a little coconut milk. But this time we just used normal creamy peanut butter from the supermarket.
Just make sure the product you choose doesn’t contain xylitol (birch sugar). This sweetener is toxic to dogs!
When we talk about potato flour when baking dog treats, we actually mean normal potato starch. The ingredient is very popular in baking for dogs as an alternative type of flour. Because it is a very cheap way of baking a grain-free dog biscuit.
If your dog, like most four-legged friends, tolerates grain without any problems, you can also use normal wheat flour or spelled flour.
Instructions for banana cookies with peanut butter
There is not much to explain here:
- The Banana is mashed with egg and peanut butter until smooth. Since only soft ingredients are involved here, this can also be done with a hand mixer.
- Knead enough flour to make a smooth dough. Of course, the food processor can also do this if you have one.
- Roll out the dough and cut out the biscuits.
- We baked the bone-shaped dog biscuits for about 15 minutes at 170 °C top and bottom heat.
How to store these cookies
The same points apply here as when storing other DIY dog biscuits :
- Dry the biscuits in the hot oven. Let out as much moisture as possible.
- Let the biscuits cool down completely before filling. Never store dog biscuits warm or airtight, as this will spoil them faster.
- Store the dog biscuits in a cool and dry place, preferably in the fresh air or in a cloth bag.
- Use the cookies quickly and only bake as many as you can use in a few days.
- It is best to keep semi-moist baked training treats in the fridge. You can also easily portion small treats and freeze them in the freezer.
More about this recipe
You are absolutely free to customize any of our dog-baking recipes as you wish. If your dog likes peanut butter and banana, he’ll probably love these dog treats too.
If you like, you can of course also add leftovers from the fridge or other delicacies to the dough. Just make sure yours is allowed to get the ingredients.
Baking this recipe to give away the Banana Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits? Then of course you should also make sure that the four-legged friend you received as a present can tolerate all the ingredients.
Bake banana cookies with peanut butter
- Peanut butter and banana are among your dog’s favorite treats. Find a simple recipe for delicious dog biscuits here.
- Tip: Bakers who are particularly result-oriented simply cut the sheet of dough into many small bites with a pizza wheel.
- You can already have these treats in the oven in just 20 minutes.
- We used a classic bone-shaped cutter here. Of course, you can use any shape you want!
Dog biscuits with peanut butter and banana
- 2 bananas
- 200g peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 400 g potato flour, only as a guide
- ▢Preheat your oven to 170 °C top and bottom heat.
- ▢Mix the bananas with the peanut butter and egg.
- ▢Gradually knead in enough flour to form an even dough.
- ▢Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut out dog biscuits.
- ▢Bake the dog biscuits for about 15-20 minutes. If necessary, let them dry in the slightly open oven.
Of course, you can adapt this recipe as you like.
For example, you can add ingredients like honey or some peanuts that have been chopped very small.
If you are missing an egg, you can exchange it for some fruit puree.
If you lack flour, you can also try ground nuts, ground oat flakes, or ground coconut flakes.